[Liverpool] Software freedom (problems at the University)

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Dec 18 17:44:21 UTC 2009

Vladimir <vladimir.jakubovskij at gmail.com> writes:

> i am absolutely not afraid to speak out about what i feel is right.

There's a difference between speaking out in a tactically astute,
constructive way and just causing trouble which may set back your cause.
(I can't tell what that cause actually is.)

> and it is glad to have you in this discussion, as you both represent
> the computing services of the university and the lug here.

I am not representing anyone, and perhaps you're lucky I'm not
representing CSD.  However, by the same token, you may be seen as
representative of a community and a group of users, and hamper any
efforts to improve computing support for them in the university (apart
from potentially getting yourself in trouble, which isn't my concern).

Obviously it's pointless me saying any more outside the university.