[Liverpool] Software freedom (problems at the University)

Vladimir vladimir.jakubovskij at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 17:51:45 UTC 2009

Hi, Dave. Sorry for my wrong picked wording about representation.
What I meant was that you can see the situation from inside the
Uni's computer services and from LivLUG mailing list. I really
meant that you can see the issue from both perspectives. Once again,
I apologize.

> i am absolutely not afraid to speak out about what i feel is right.
>
> There's a difference between speaking out in a tactically astute,
> constructive way and just causing trouble which may set back your cause.
> (I can't tell what that cause actually is.)

Originally the cause was not to obide to the EULA.
Now it was reduced (for now) to merely connecting the Linux machine
to either RoamNet, SuperRoamNet or ResNet by following their instructions
and policy. And they decided not to connect me until 4-th of January (an
appointment)
on the grounds that my Linux system runs on the wrong hardware.