[Liverpool] Replacing Gmail: Inbox Searching

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Tue Feb 10 11:52:27 UTC 2009

As time goes on I'm being more and more concerned with the Gmail horror
stories I keep hearing, missing mail, deleted accounts, hijackings. I've
started to look at moving away from Google back to my own mail server,
but I've become so acustomed to Gmail's features that I fear about doing
so.

I know I can use maildir and procmail to replace "labels" and filtering,
but what can I do about searching? The rapid searching of my inbox is a
great feature, I'd like to replicate this in a Maildir/Mutt setup, does
anyone have any ideas on what I can use to create this?

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/
e: andy at tensixtyone.com