[Liverpool] Replacement PC for LSC

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 12:14:01 UTC 2009

That sounds like a really good idea. I have one of the PII's which Tim
kindly gave me last week in Manchester. I actually found an old laptop to do
the job I needed since, so I can donate that as a thin client. It's a Compaq
desktop model rather than a tower and it is pretty economical on space I'd
say.

I hear Edubuntu is really good for clustering like that. It has some built
in stuff for building computing labs with a server and some low powered
clients. I'm no expert on it though. I'm sure others know more about how to
do it. I'm happy to offer whatever help I can moving kit around and setting
up if you need it.

Dan