[Liverpool] computer for free

Andrew Bates oscillik at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 13:06:33 UTC 2013

hey everyone, I've just bought my new graphics card to put into my newly
built machine, so my old computer is free to a good home!

The specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Asus P5Q Pro Turbo LGA775
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3.0GHz
Heatsink: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 (seriously awesome heatsink)
RAM: 8GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 (4x 2GB modules)
Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 560 1GB (manufactured by Gigabyte, with dual fan
config)
PSU: Xenta 800W Semi-modular
Optical drive: Samsung SH-S223F Combo CD/DVD burner
Hard Disk: Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 80GB (included just so it is usable from
the get-go)
Case: Antec 300
Extras: TP-LINK PCI WiFi card 108Mbps 802.11g, full compliment of case fans.

As far as performance is concerned, it's not too shabby. It hasn't yet been
overclocked, but it is certainly possible with the Q9650, and the heatsink
that I have installed should be more than up to the job of keeping it cool
if that's the route you wanna take.

My new graphics card for my new build doesn't arrive until Wednesday, and
as I'm still using the GTX 560 right this moment, this donate machine won't
be ready until Wednesday.

If you want to claim this machine as yours, you can come and collect from
my address in Widnes (due to weight of the machine, I cannot carry this on
the train to LivLUG!). My days off are Wednesdays and Thursdays of every
week.

I would ask that if you're thinking of claiming this machine, please only
do so if you will actually use it. I would much rather this machine went to
a good home where it will be used, rather than just sitting there doing
nothing!