[Malvern] asustek

Chris Eilbeck chris at hyperspace.org.uk
Sun Feb 11 23:04:51 GMT 2007

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 10:49:07PM +0000, Cheryl Phillips wrote:
> I did like the old satellite I had so maybe a Toshiba would be a
> consideration

I was gonna buy one but the website was such a pig to find one that was just
what I wanted.

> - budget is around the 800 possibly pushing to a grand at the moment altho
> - the cheaper the better really

You should easily manage it.  If you don't want a particular screen or a
huge disk, or loads of RAM, there are a good few on the Dell site for less
than that.  You can get a midrange machine with a decent display, 1Gb RAM
and 80Gb disk for just under 600 quid inc vat and shipping.  They'll add 175
quid or something for 3 years onsite warranty but you can drop that back to
a year to save it.

> - owen into madresfield nursery for summat ridiculous per hour.

Ouch!

> - I just want it to run ms office (i know i know but its for work) and
> - whatever else software i have to teach these kids to use.

Do you have to buy this tat yourself too?

> - altho i have heard the chase will prob be runnin vista by september so
> - maybe other schools in the area will follow suit? so hum.... vista
> - capabilities are a must i guess

I'd guess that pretty much anything that you can buy will run it to some
extent.  Rick has had some interesting experiences with Vista.

Chris Eilbeck
Tripoli UK Member #9527                                          LSMR