[Malvern] Horror story.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 30 14:14:51 BST 2007

I have been told that a guy in Malvern recently had a problem with his
Windows,
though I can not be sure whether XP or Vista.  Furthermore, I do not yet
have any
details of the exact nature of his problem.

However,  he got onto a help-line,  presumably one of M$'s,  where a
very nice Indian
gentleman listened to his story,  and then  said "OK , that should be
fixed now."

Seemingly, this guy had remotely logged into his machine,  and sorted
out the trouble !

Presumably,  there was an official backdoor.

I guess that as well as M$, some intelligence agencies,  including
foreign ones,  also enjoy such privileges.

Does any-one have any info on this ?

I don't think I mean  the last demo at Message Labs the other week, or
do I ?

Any info is of interest.

Geoff.