[Malvern] Debian and Ubuntu.

Ian Pascoe ianpascoe at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 9 20:03:27 BST 2008

Evening Geoff

As an alternative to Knopix  try the Test CD - it seems to be getting alot
of notice these days.

One additional point, and again hands up for selfishness, Ubuntu is provided
to OEMs; anyone interested in a nice new Ubuntu desktop that has green
credentials see www.Efficient .co.uk

The SSL bug may have got you if you at any time have created pass keys; the
story behind this is an interesting one of misunderstanding - however,
cannot complain at the way it was handled once it came to light.  This
episode gives some credence to Mark Shuttleworth's backing of the idea to
get distros and projects talking more closely together.

Unfortunately can't comment on other distros but from reading various on
line news feeds etc it does seem that the general opinion is that Ubuntu is
an easier install than most - as always it's what you're used to.

Ian