[SLUG] NVidia kernel module

Adams, Jamie Jamie.Adams at homegroup.org.uk
Mon Nov 3 09:50:23 GMT 2003

> > however the X server would not accept my nvidia card and
> continually
> > crashed. After downloading 8MB of Linux nVidia driver stuff I got a
> > problem installing them as the source header files version did not
> > match the current kernel. To make things worse none of the source
> > header files Debian has on the install DVD match the kernel.

I had the same problem. I would second Gav's suggestion below, although
I did it slightly differently, I did have to recompile the kernel. It is
worth the extra effort, the performance gains are huge. Also get that
nice cosy feeling inside from knowing that you have compiled your own
customised kernel (is that just me?).

> While not the clearest or thorough explanation,
> http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/scarborough/2003-January/0
> 00399.html
Regards,
Jamie.

http://www.star.net.uk

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("Intended Recipient") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information, which is privileged and confidential. Accordingly any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message or any of its content by any person other than the Intended Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If you are not the Intended Recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible.

http://www.star.net.uk