[SLUG] NVidia kernel module

Jamie Adams adamsj at sdf-eu.org
Mon Nov 3 22:11:40 GMT 2003

> The sound card is Realtek Audio AC97, anyone got any ideas?
> I can now mount both the CD and the DVD by setting up 2 entries in fstab
> using the same device but using a different file system listed for the
> respective device, naturally when you want to swap between a CD and a
> DVD you have to unmount the drive and then remount it with the other
> filesystem.

I have an inbuilt soundcard on my motherboard based on the ac97 codec. I used
alsa to get my card running, though my soundcard was Intel ac97 if that makes
any difference.

Even though I got the card working, i found that sound was choppy in games that
were processor intensive. I bought a cheap soundcard based on the ensonique 1371 instead.

> Despite trying the usual mount options in fstab my floppy drive won't
> mount, anyone know the correct settings for fstab with Debian 3?

On mine (not Debian) it's:

/dev/fd0        /mnt/floppy     auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0