[SLUG] Software Freedom Day revisited

Jamie jamie at leafy.org.uk
Sat Apr 17 23:11:41 BST 2004

Gavin Baker wrote:

> We can help their initiative by becoming a volunteer team[3].  This
> would be a good, worthwhile effort for us to get involved in the
> promotion of free software, and by implication, the promotion of
> Linux. It would also provide the SLUG with a great advertising
> opportunity.

Agreed. I think it's an excellent idea.

> The idea of producing our own windows CD's full of the best free
> software, and distributing them in the Scarborough area was also
> discussed.

Jono Bacon said something similar in this months Linux Format. There is
the OpenCD (http://theopencd.sunsite.dk/) but I don't like some of the
software choices on it. One produced by us would be much better.

It doesn't neccesarly need to cost much to produce.

> Comments? Suggestions? Ideas? More info?

It's only four months away, which doesn't give us a lot of time. What
about an install day as well? I'm interested to help out in anyway that
I can.