[SLUG] LPI Red Hat vs Debian package management

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 19:45:15 BST 2005

Hi

I previously said that, although the LPI exam divides into two and
allows candidates to learn one of either Red Hat or Debian package
management, I thought it best we learn both anyway.

I've now seen this from LPI "In May LPI announced the merging of RPM
and DPKG Package Management Exam
Questions into a single form.  Traditionally, separate exam forms on
Exam 101 for LPIC-1 gave exam candidates a choice between RPM and DPKG
package management. However, due to reasons of community consensus on
required Linux knowledge and internal efficiencies it was announced that
as of October 1, 2005 (2005-09-01) exam candidates will be required to
know both forms of package management in order to successfully complete
their LPIC-1."

.. so, basically, we have to know both anyway, and the exam will be
unified by the time we get to take it.