[SLUG] LPI 1.102.1 design hard disc layout

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 09:12:18 BST 2005

Hi LPIers

Just a thought. Note that this is "design" a hard disc layout. Not
implement it. 1.104.1-n is where we 'create' partitions and file
systems and get into more implementation detail. I've checked the
second exam (102) and can't see anything about file systems there, so
we do get to learn everything this year, one way or another.

I'd expected to see here something about the different file systems
themselves, FAT, NTFS, etc but there's no mention either in the spec
or in the LPI cram book.

Oh, I just ordered the LPI in a nutshell book, since the cram book
still seems to fall short every time.

My two pence worth.