[SLUG] Twinning

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Aug 19 08:37:41 BST 2005

Hi ppl

I'm still chatting with this chap from a LUG just outside Barcelona in
a town the same size as Scarborough and I had the thought that we
might feel inclined to 'twin' with them. They have lots of good ideas,
and we do too. Linux is about people, so what about making, well
essentially making friends with them.

I can imagine maybe we make a mailing list containing people from both
sides who want to talk about stuff. There's the opportunity to learn a
little Catalan or Spanish, and for them to improve their English, and
if we follow the 'twinning' idea, perhaps one year we can visit them
and another year they can visit us. Who knows.

Might there be some interest in something along those lines?