[SLUG] Scalby School meeting

Phil Kershaw pmk at kershaw.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 07:35:12 GMT 2005

I don't understand what is going on here folks. Or is there some agenda
going on that I am not aware of? Last nights meeting was an unmitigated
disaster. When I approached Tim Hutchinson with regard to the
Scarborough Linux group using the facilities at Scalby School, he agreed
as a favour from one professional colleague to another, with the added
bonus of no cost to the group. Last night 3 people turned up, one of
them a friend of mine who came along to give moral support. Tim is a
lovely chap but it was still very embarrassing trying to explain to him
the total lack of interest.

A question for the group to consider.
Do we have the structures in place and the membership to use a facility
like scalby school responsibly? By this I mean, is the membership big
enough to have decent meetings? Are we able to organise a yearly meeting
calendar with talks and activities arranged in advance? Or do I cancel
the arrangement and we stay with dark, cold and uncomfortable rooms in
pubs.

Regards

Phil