[SLUG] Re: Folding, disclaiming et al.

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 17:01:30 GMT 2005

> Hi John
>
> You wrote
>
> "Hiya
>
> It's because of the way the trifold is folded. The first page is
> actually the third column. Text then flows across the second page,
> then back to frames 1 and finally 2 on the first page.
>
> Try folding it :-)
>
> Sorry, I've been out most of today, I'll be back to answer any other
> stuff tomorrow morning."
>

> You're absolutely right and I wasn't paying attention.  When I take
> this into
> account the template works perfectly, at any rate in OOo2 Linux.
> Kword won't
> accept it, and it smears with Windows OOo2.

Smears. That's interesting.

> As for the disclaimer, how about:
> You follow the advice in this leaflet at your own risk.  It may cost
> you, it
> might turn you into a geek.  The  author and SLUG cannot accept
> liability.

I like that.

> The point of specifying 128M is that you really need that much for
> OOo2.  I
> don't know GnuCash, but I would expect that to run in less.
>
> Can you give me a web site for the material on the cost of waste
> computers?  I
> can incorporate at least some of it.

I was assuming not, that's why I didn't provide one. Last time I
looked their site wasn't much. But I can ..
<http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/> is the magazine, and on this
<http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/magazine/buyers/buyguide.htm> page
<http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/magazine/buyers/84/computers.pdf>
gives the full article. Bugger! If I'd known that I wouldn't have
typed it all out.