[SLUG] Music Downloads

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 4 09:31:18 BST 2005

I'm really annoyed. HMV and Virgin are starting up music download
services: £15 per month allows you to dl as much as you like to play
within their player... but they use Windows Media to manage the
subscription stuff... and so guess what? That means no linux support.

I think the thing that really annoys me is that they're still charging
79p for a subscription free download of a single track... that's £9.50
for an album, but you don't have a cd and only some easily loseable,
lossy compressed audio file. The record companies are clearly still
being greedy so I'll just have to hope that the BPI doesn't eventually
defeat all cdwow clones by litigation.

Sorry for the off-topic rant.

Steve