[SLUG] Re: [Scarborough] [Fwd: SUSE installation sound problems]

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Apr 13 09:04:03 BST 2006

Hi

OK, I swapped out the DVD/CD drive and have the same problem, so I'm
swapping the original drive back in, a Sony DW-Q30A.

So .. I have a system that plays system sounds and MP3s but anything
from the CD/DVD drive plays like this (to answer Steve's question):

Music is playing real-time, but maybe every quarter of a second the
sound drops out to silence. So, if I'd read out this sentence, I'd
hear: S f d e o th s t s d h.

It's starting to seem like buffering is a possibility, but where are
those settings?

More, if buffering for CD isn't set up right, does it follow that
video/DVD will be an even worse problem?