[SLUG] Re: Scarborough Digital/debate.

Bob Garrood bgarrood at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jul 24 10:38:36 BST 2006

On Saturday 22 July 2006 12:15, Dave wrote (about the Scarborough Digital
programme)

> Specifically:
> > meets cyber-punk anarchy head on
>
> Is that us then :)
>
> Maybe we could go in as 'the other side' and talk about how we use
> (digital)computers in our daily lives for productivity.  Tools that come
> to mind, to name a few, are GIMP, Film GIMP, Audacity, Inkscape K3B,
> Amarok, Totem, Firefox, Thunderbird, iPodderX, Skype, OpenOffice,
> Scribus, ...
>
> Dave

Hi  anarcho cyber-punks,

Maybe we could start our campaign at our next meeting.  As you know, John is
going to oppose the motion that "Anything Vista can do, Linux can do better".
I will reply with an account of such features as I can find of the up-coming
KDE4.0.  This may not take up the whole meeting.

It would be good if as many people as possible talk about a piece of
software in which either (a) Linux performs better Windows, or (b) Windows
performs better than Linux.  I could talk about Ark in comparison with
Winzip.

Bob