[SLUG] Monday's meeting

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Jun 28 15:10:00 BST 2006

> Myself and Bob have been looking at Ruby, so I was thinking about
> doing
> a 10 minute presentation on that.  Inkscape I can do, and so
> Wordpress,
> but I'd need a web connection for Wordpress.  My PC is currently
> running
> Ubuntu 6.06, so I can bring my box and show that, Inkscape and Ruby.

Excellent: Ruby, Inkscape, Ubuntu 6.6. There's no web connection there
(until a couple of us get our wotsit together to organise it)

> Simon wolverton has installed the beta of Vista, so he may be willing
> to do a talk or presentation on that.

Excellent, maybe next month so we can do the whole debate thing?

Any suggestions for the question we could debate?
How about "This house believes Vista is better than Linux", leaving
the whole context thing open.