[SLUG] Download writing to disc failure

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 24 10:22:58 GMT 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 09:56:41AM GMT, John Allsopp wrote:
> > Incidentally, I've just downloaded an MP3 someone sent me and it came
> > down fine. So I have to work on which files/where are giving me
> > problems. I'll be back.
>
> Alright, so now I want to download RealPlayer for Helix so I can play
> an MP3. It's 5.7MB and is heading for /home/rpms. The MP3 I downloaded
> went into /home/work/etc, so it's the same partition. There's a weeny
> chance I've run out of space, but this is the same behaviour that was
> happening before.
>
> The attached window shot is where it reaches and it just stays there.
> I can only cancel, and then, of course, there's no file.

Spooky! there's no attached window shot either.

I've been waiting for to say what app you are using to download files to
give some sort of clue.  I assume your difficulties are with your
browser?  Can you confirm?

Do you have similar problems using the package management system, ftp,
wget or whatever?

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>
Linux User: #290080         <http://counter.li.org>