[SLUG] (still) Setting up Epson Stylus C48

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 14:15:13 BST 2006

Hi Lucy and welcome.

Lucy  Cook wrote:
> it tells me that the Epson Stylus C48 works perfectly, yet it isn't on any of the lists to choose from when I'm setting it up?

Sounds about right.

> I am aware that this is probably happening due to me not having a clue what I'm doing.

Welcome to our world, I can see that we're going to get along wonderfully.

> I'm not ready to give up on Linux just yet

Hurrah, John's taught you well. We would forgive you if you did.

> I hope no-one would object to me bringing my machine to one of your meetings

Go for it.

Perhaps this Hungarian chap can help you as he's had the same tooth
pullingly painful experience; and had no help; and all in the last month.

http://lists.freestandards.org/pipermail/printing-user-epson/2006/005683.html

If not then at least you have the opportunity to make a new friend.

Sorry for being utterly unhelpful, but I'm in the clearly rather
fortunate "mine just worked" bag... I will holler if I think of anything.

Steve O