[SLUG] Digital camera driver software?

Richard Lung voting at ukscientists.com
Mon Apr 23 18:54:40 BST 2007

On Sunday 22 Apr 2007 22:52, Jam Adams wrote:

> Mandrake 10 is an old operating system and this may be the source of your
> problems. I would seriously consider upgrading to a newer release.

It's easy when you know how but to the unaccomplished, just one snag is enough
to prevent the transfer to a new OS. It's really not worth the risk of being
stuck off-line and having to buy another computer to get on again - just yet!
You experts may find it hard to imagine the WIMP point of view.

All I know is Mandrake has changed its name (if it still exists).
I have a vague idea that an Ubuntu OS on a CD could be the thing but, as
already informed the SLUG, I cannot now play CDs or DVDs. Only the CD burner
appears to be recognised and work.

Regards
Richard Lung.