[SLUG] Fw: How is yous new laptop?

DAVID KNIGHT davidknight24 at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 16 19:27:47 GMT 2007

I'll do my best to bring it along. As for the Panasonic, don't junk it, you will get your money back on it if you sell it on Ebay ;)

If you are considering it, there are a few other models coming out in Jan/Feb '08 including a model with 8gig HD. There are also cut-down models with 256Mb RAM, 2gig HD and no webcam.

In the last couple of days a company called Everex in the USA have announced that they are producing a linux UMPC with identical form factor and specs apart from a VIA 1.2GHz CPU, 30 gig standard HD for a similar price. Personally I prefer the ASUS as the CPU is better and you can always use USB sticks for more storage but if you need that much storage in a UMPC you may wish to wait for another model. I personally think that the march of Linux into the low cost UMPC and desktop PC market will introduce millions of new users to linux in 2008.

Which is nice.