[SLUG] Ubuntu

Pete predwood at phonecoop.coop
Thu May 31 15:02:51 BST 2007

Thanks Steve

Useful guide. My problem has been with Debian and Ubuntu that Gnome
installations refuse to communicate with the network even though they are
installed with 'netinstall'. KDE versions communicate perfectly and so does
Xfce. I've been on the Debian user mail list for the past four weeks and
nobody on there has come up with a satisfactory solution. All the usual
checks have proved positive. Never did get on with Red Hat and was using SuSE
from version 9 onwards. Until a couple of months ago. I'm now running Xubuntu
and I love it. Everything so far has compiled perfectly. (famous last words!)
--
Regards
Pete Redwood
predwood at phonecoop.coop