[SLUG] Asus eee pc -alternative OS

Bob_Garrood rjg at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Feb 14 21:45:15 GMT 2008

On Saturday 02 February 2008 12:34:13 DAVID KNIGHT wrote:

> Extremely cheap
> Easy to wipe existing OS and replace with your distro of choice
> Exponentially growing in number
Hi
My experience with eee is that replacing the os is extremely frustrating.  I
have tried both the easy and advanced desktops, and neither suits me.  I have
been trying to install PCLinuxOS MiniMe,  which looks great to me.  I have
tried various alternatives, the latest being from pendrivelinux, but all I
get from eee is 'boot error'.  Is there a simple way round this?

Bob