[SLUG] Asus eee pc -alternative OS

Bob_Garrood rjg at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jan 30 20:06:46 GMT 2008

Hi

I just acquired an Asus eee pc, and much as I like it, the software is
confusing.  There is no proper editor. To find a console  at all, I had to go
into a directory called File Manager, but it doesn't seem to work.  And they
use these odd windows names like 'My Documents', which I find silly.

The main problem is that I can't find any way to put another OS on it.  I have
a live Puppy flash drive, which works with my desktop, but does not work with
the eee.  Does any one know any way round this?

Bob