[SLUG] 10 Years

Ross Kendall ross at rosskendall.com
Wed May 30 09:28:09 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I'm still here as well. Been moving house and renovating lately, so not
much time for other stuff.

Unfortunately the LUG had been been pretty quiet for the the 5 years
I've been a 'member'. I think it must have lost it's life when a few of
the key members moved out of the area. There has only been a handful of
meet-ups since I joined the list, and list activity is very quiet.

I'm a web developer, I use opensuse linux on my desktop and laptop, have
a Nokia N900 mobile phone that runs Maemo linux (even have openoffice on
it), and run CentOS and opensuse on my webservers. I'm probably more
interested in discussing linux use on webservers or mobile (not android,
but Maemo, Meego, Moblin,Tizen and Mer, etc.) So *@Fintan, definitely
interested in Raspberry Pi*.

I feel a bit of the odd one out when it comes to desktop, because I use
KDE on opensuse - and I don't really like Ubuntu and Gnome. I've found
what suits me on the desktop and I'm well past the stage of trying out
lots of distros (except for maybe tablet and mobile phone - where I
think the future is).

I would be more inclined to organise or attend a meet-up if I saw there
was some real discussion of linux on this list.

Cheers,
Ross.