[SLUG] 10 Years

Guy Baumann guy at krashlabs.co.uk
Wed May 30 09:48:35 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I have been on this list for a few years but never really posted or been to a meeting.

I mainly use crunch bang linux - a lightweight minimalist debian/ubuntu distro on various old laptops, as well an original eeepc.

I am starting a computer and technology club, www.krashlabs.co.uk to inspire young people(and adults) to get involved with computers & technology.  This includes gnu/linux, lego mindstorms etc.

I have had one raspberry pi arrive this week and another due today or tomorrow.  Managed to get orders in with both distributors on launch day.

I am leasing a permanent room at the YMCA for Krash Labs from July, and would be happy to organise LUG meetings there or help facilitate in any way.  I hope to be running  a hackers/makers club in the evening as well as after-school clubs, holiday schools and more structure tuition in daytime and evening for adults.  i am already running sessions for home educated kids and they are proving to be a great success!

If anyone would like to know more, get involved or fancy teaching any lessons please feel free to get in touch.

//guy baumann