[sclug] RTL8201 (Sis961) problem

Pieter Claassen pieter at openauth.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:32 UTC 2003

Hi Philip,

The problem seems to have gone away. I must say that I noticed that while I
was having the problems with the card, the card never powered down (the boot
cycle seems to still keep the card awake for wake-on-lan). Once I replaced
the hard drive and installed a new OS (also cold booted the machine) then
things worked fine, even with the original Debian installation that was
giving me trouble.

Is it possible that the card gets into a unstable state and not gets reset
during a reboot?
Cheers,
Pieter