[sclug] (no subject)

Chirstopher West chriz_w at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:34 UTC 2003

Ok, thanks for the spec for the router based adsl connection, there's a few
things that i haven't quite understood but it may be due to my initial email
not being clear.
I have an adsl connection at the moment and it runs through a usb modem and
is designed for use with one computer (windows 98). hence it has a single
dynamically assigned IP address (that's what i meant when i said dial-up
IP). i was planning to use and old linux box as a gateway and i've set it up
to do masquerading [i've opted for a single IP system from BT] and will
serve a network of 4 private IP's (192.168.*.*).
will the router based system enable me to masqueraded as one IP so all the
computers can access the internet?
tar chris