[sclug] Folder Security

Scott Rixon scott at green-flag.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:35 UTC 2003

Hi All...

I don't post much to this group... And I have only been down the pub
once.. Which is strange as that is where I spend most of my time!!

Quick question. I have a Linux server that has a data share for Linux
and windows (Via Samba). I always have problems with the permissions on
files and directories created in this share. I believe it to be because
the creator gets Owner rights and know one else gets any rights. I
doesn't matter if it was created in Linux or Windows.

Is there a way of changing the default permissions from a top level so
that all files created have 'relaxed' permissions?

I hope someone knows what I am talking about!!

Thanks,

Scott