[sclug] Poll: What languages are people using

Keith Edmunds keith at midnighthax.com
Sat Oct 25 09:05:37 UTC 2003

On 08 May 2003 22:44:09 +0100
Paul Vanlint <paul at polyzing.com> wrote:

> I am in the same boat with Python. I bought the book because I was
> working on some SQL code being used by a Python program, so I felt I
> out to understand what the Pytho programming was doing, but I managed
> to understand it without really digging into Python.
>
> I would like to learn more about it, but don't have a project to
> inspire me.

I really recommend it. My history was PDP-8 assembler(!), C,
Pascal/Delphi, PHP, bash, a few others. Python is head and shoulders
above most of them (I still like PHP for its web integration, and C for
its nakedness). At first it looked as if Python would be a pain - all
that indent-sensitive syntax, etc - but it isn't. I have been far more
productive with Python than any other language I've used.

--
Keith Edmunds