[sclug] Mailfile message boundaries

Patrick Kirk patrick at kirks.net
Sat Oct 25 09:05:45 UTC 2003

Simon Huggins wrote:
> Hi Sclug,
>

> SpamCop also reports about websites which it calls "spamvertised"
> however if you report legitimate mailing list traffic to SpamCop then
> any URLs for unsubscribing etc will again generate complaints.

Spamassassin handles mailing lists very well.  Really, if someone has
fallen foul of Spamassassin, then the problem is at their end.  I now
get over 200 peices of spam every day - the dubious ones I have to read.
  But there is no way I'm wading though the confirmed spammers.  In
between reading spams, I have a life to lead.

> Hence, automated submission may well end up pissing lots of people off -
> after all spamcop seems to send reports to as many people as it can find
> to piss off.  Its open relay reporting is fine I guess but as an ISP
> we've had more experiences of false-positives being reported via SpamCop

Manual reporting is too cumbersome.  Really, I've come to the conclusion
that this has reached a level of pain that I need to take more drastic
action than just reporting 5 or 6 a day.

--

Best regards,

Patrick Kirk
Mobile: 07876 560 646