[sclug] Debian Install

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:49 UTC 2003

Leon,

>I have decided to move my desktop from RH to Debian, however I have run into
>a little problem with the SCSI drivers.

Like you I am a RH user and have the same SCSI card as you.

Without wishing to start a religious war, from the developers (non-kernel
in my case, non-system software) point of view isn't one of the major
distributions much the same as the other?  They all have their good and bad
points.

I stick with RH because that is what I know.  Had I used another distribution
many years ago I would probably still be with that.

Ok, people like to play with different distributions.  But in a working
environment there is no significant benefit in switching to another
distribution (unless a major customer requires it).

derek

--
Derek M Jones                                           tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                            mailto:derek at knosof.co.uk