[sclug] Debian Install

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:50 UTC 2003

Simon,

>> >Redhat now end support after a certain number of months of a new
>> >distribution being out don't they unless you pay.
>> >Their enterprise linux product gets a longer support lifespan however.
>> I appreciate that there is a group of people who face peer group
>> pressure to upgrade (who said Linux was not a fashion industry).
>> But tendyness aside, Linux has stabilized sufficiently that frequent
>> upgrades are not necessary.
>
>I don't upgrade to be trendy, I upgrade for security fixes.

I understand that there are also a group of people who need to
upgrade some components of the OS on a regular basis (which
may lead them to choose a distribution because it makes this
task easy to do).

derek

--
Derek M Jones                                           tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                            mailto:derek at knosof.co.uk