[sclug] Web and document admin questions on Linux.

lug at assursys.co.uk lug at assursys.co.uk
Sat Oct 25 09:05:55 UTC 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Smiles, Mark (Mark) wrote:

> I can build the system, ipchains and set up the Apache server no
> problems. What I've not had any much experience with is from the user's
> perspective of content and document management.  Typically they would
> like this as easy as possible, be it word documents or whatever and
> click and go and the information is visible to the world. I can provide
> Samba for c connections internally for content admins to browse the
> system but my knowledge is sadly lacking in free tools that are easy for
> users to use to build their own pages and manage documents from a pc
> environment for running on apache.

For basic document publishing, Mozilla's HTML editor plus an FTP server on
the web server machine should suffice. If you want to use a proper Content
Management System (CMS), you'd better hope someone else answers. There are
dozens of them, and I've not used any of 'em. ;-)

> All wisdom and advice appreciated.
> Regards,
> Mark Smiles

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?