[sclug] FTPD query

Hamlesh Motah admin at hamlesh.com
Sun Dec 12 13:57:21 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I am looking for an FTP daemon that can be configured in a similar
fashion to Apache and Samba.  I need to be able to define which
directories can be seen by each user that logs in.  I've tried proftpd
and glftpd, neither can do what I'm trying properly.  I am trying to
avoid using symlinks and other "work arounds".

So if user "look" logs in they are presented with a tree (which is
predefined in the ftpds config file for that specific user).  They may
not have permission to access the content in the tree, but the ftpd-user
would allow them to at least get a directory listing.

Anyone have any recommendation?

Oh and on a side note, debian in a non server environment rocks!
Specially when you get it working on a SparcStation5 (thanks again for
the kit Mark).

Thanks.

Hamlesh Motah.

tel: +44 (0)870 762 2424