[sclug] isolinux weirdnesses

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Wed Dec 15 00:44:40 UTC 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, David Given wrote:

> I'm currently constructing a live-CD-based Linux system for use as a media
> box. This is going quite well, apart from one minor problem. My CDs won't
> boot on my Shuttle box any more.

What position does the Shuttle's DVD drive have on the ATA bus? One of my
machines won't boot from slave devices, meaning that I needed to disconnect
the CD writer on secondary master and rejumper when I wanted to perform an
installation from the (faster) DVD drive that was normally a slave.

I'm doubtful as to whether this is your problem, but...

HTH,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?