[sclug] isolinux weirdnesses

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Wed Dec 15 11:56:30 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 15 December 2004 00:44, Alex Butcher wrote:
[...]
> What position does the Shuttle's DVD drive have on the ATA bus? One of my
> machines won't boot from slave devices, meaning that I needed to disconnect
> the CD writer on secondary master and rejumper when I wanted to perform an
> installation from the (faster) DVD drive that was normally a slave.

Secondary master, the absolute standard position... in fact, one of dis's
hardware requirements is that that's where the optical drive is. (Because it
means that the CD can get away without a initrd, which I similarly hate.)

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "It's the dawn of the day before the time of the
+- www.cowlark.com --+