[sclug] Gentoo

Keith Edmunds keith at midnighthax.com
Mon May 10 21:24:54 UTC 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004 20:18:21 +0100
Tony Sumner <whittycat at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't go so
> far as to say that the documentation is crap but could someone please
> tell me what I do now?

Actually, I think the documentation for Gentoo is, on the whole,
stunningly good. However, that doesn't help you! If you've emerged
gentoo-sources successfully, you then need to go to /usr/src where you
should find them unpacked. Check that the file 'linux' is a symbolic
link to the sources directory, change to it, and off you go (if that
doesn't make sense to you then say so and I'll explain it in more
detail). It's all explained in the documentation
(http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=7)

Keith