[sclug] CDRWIN .bin/cue format files

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Wed Sep 7 23:16:53 UTC 2005

John Stumbles wrote:
[...]
> Yup, it burns OK[1]. However I now have
[...]
> -r-xr-xr-x  1 root root  64K 1978-07-14 01:00 lot_x.vcd
> -r-xr-xr-x  1 root root 5.2K 1978-07-14 01:00 psd_x.vcd

This turned up just as I hit 'send' on my last one...

I was wrong; it's not audio, it's a VideoCD. Best way to play 'em is to
stick 'em in your DVD player.

Failing that, try 'mplayer vcd://'.

[...]
> [1] as a way of getting at the data that's such a disgusting kludge it's
> almost delicious ;-)
> Surely there must be a way of writing a disk image file instead of a
> real disc? (Although I can't see one in man cdrdao.)

Well, you can't mount it without some virtual CD hardware to extract the
user data from the disk image. However, xine has said virtual CD
hardware, and IIRC you can just say 'xine diskimage.bin' and it'll work.
Sorry, I forgot about this before.

--
David Given
dg at cowlark.com