[sclug] OT mobile phones

ed ed at s5h.net
Sun Dec 16 00:16:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

Does anyone know of a mobile phone that can cover this sort of
specification:

1) mp3 player >= 4gig (external memory card storage can be considered)

2) light weight - would be required for long distance jogging, so not
too bulky either

3) gprs and java midlets (for icq communications - txt messages can get
expensive)

4) pdf viewer - for reading ebooks

it seems to me that we're in a day and age where this should be
possible. The reason I'm asking this is that for a number of weeks my
ipod nano has been annoying the hell of out of me with it's slippery jog
wheel and the stupid way that all songs are organised by id3, and if id3
is not present then songs automatically get shoved into the 'all'
category - totally unreasonable, file paths should be acceptable.

If you have advice about a stand alone mp3 player then that would be
cool also, a phone/mp3 player combined would be good - being able to
field telephone calls on the run would be helpful.

Finally pdf would be icing on the cake! Well, that's not true, being
able to ssh would be the icing on the cake.

Thanks for putting up with this off topic post.