[sclug] Web log analysis tool?

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Mon Jan 22 12:45:34 UTC 2007

A few days ago I noted that my 'net connection was running rather slowly. A
quick look at my lighttpd logfiles revealed that Google + world + dog had
discovered a hitherto unknown symlink in my public_html directory and were
downloading my MP3 collection.

Er, oops.

Can anyone suggest a logfile analyser that would warn me of such things in the
future? I'm not looking for something that does extensive statistical analysis
and draws pretty graphs; I want something that will email me periodically with
a brief rundown of the major bandwidth use on my website, with hopefully a set
of trends indicating which items are becoming more or less popular. I'd rather
not be caught out again...

--
? "Is Eris true?" "Everthing is true." "Even false things?" "Even false