[sclug] Mail to reply always goes wrong on sclug

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at weardale.cl
Tue Mar 18 19:40:20 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 17:30 +0000, M.Blackmore wrote:
> What's with it with sclug? Unlike every other LUG mailing list I've ever
> come across, if one fails to do a reply to all or edit by hand the to
> field, then a message only gets sent to the original "from" sender and
> not the list?
>
> Evolution under ubuntu 7.10.

I don't know about "Evolution under ubuntu 7.10."  But I use evolution
2.12.3 on FC8".

If you go Message -> Reply to List   or Ctrl+l  You will reply to the
list.

If you want the Reply-To: set so that you can just hit Reply then
subscribe to the sclugr list.

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 18:09 +0000, M.Blackmore wrote:
> I've checked all the other LUGs and they all include a "reply to" field
> in their headers, which dispenses with the problem, evidently.
>
> Could sclug change to having the same format then stuff won't be going
> "astray" all the time?

No need just use the sclugr list.

If 50% of the members subscribe to sclugr to have Reply-To: set  I gladly change
the list configuration such that the sclug list does have Reply-To set.  I then create
a new list sclugn that will strip out the Reply-To: line.

Tom.