[sclug] [OT] Where does apt keep its list of installed software?

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Tue Oct 25 18:04:06 UTC 2011

I'd second Dickon's suggestion, but if that won't run for any reason, try
this:

	$ cd /usr/share/doc && ls > /list/of/packages

It's a Debian requirement that every package has a documentation
directory, although I seem to remember that Ubuntu (as in so many things)
isn't quite as strict. However, the list generated above may be helpful if
you can't run dpkg.
--
"You can have everything in life you want if you help enough other people
get what they want" - Zig Ziglar.

Who did you help today?