[Sussex] What path does one take

Gareth Ablett sussexlug at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 18 08:04:50 UTC 2006

Dear Lug,

I dont know weather it is that I have
been moving to the dark side or weather its just a new form of the
ligh side, but anyway i'll get to my point, since early this year i
have started using Apple Macs namily imacs (the
nice 20" widescreen ones) have have grown increasingly fond of its OS and
how easy it is to do all the things i wanted to do on Linux (namely run as
far away from windows as possible)

In my own
oppinion the only thing really lacking on OSX is the abundance of
free* software that you can get to use with linux and windows,
this is then a start of a whole differant story but i will have to talk to
you about that another day.

what i have really come here to say today is not just to spout my findings
that some of you may already know or arnt bothered by, but mearly to see how
this kind of comment lies in a primarily Linux using comunity, so i as a few
questions;

What is the meaning of LUG, is it just a group of people that use
Linux, or is it more then that is it a comunity of likeminded people
that appriciate the quilitys of linux in Linux and other operating
systems?

Is the bigest quility of Linux the fact that it is OpenSource in a lot of
cases and the OpenSource sofware developing comunity that makes it what it
is?

On that note i'll stop and see what you have to say.

*free, free in this context is neither meaning completly free or free to use
but meaning both.

Kind regards
Gareth