[SWLUG] smtp authentication

Matt Willsher matt at monki.org.uk
Tue Dec 13 07:49:41 UTC 2011

On 13 December 2011 03:34, bascule <asura at theexcession.co.uk> wrote:

> is this rewriting of addresses normal when sending via an authenticated smtp
> server

They may not be rewriting it.  It's just that your email address is
coming from a server that hasn't been designated as a carrier for it.
I think they're using DKIM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DKIM) which
you can set up in your own domain. You might want to confirm this is
the case before deciding what to do next.

> if not then i can look at working around it, if it is then either i
> start using my isp email address or kiss goodbye to the group,

See their information at
http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&y=PROD_GRPS&id=SLN3877&impressions=false

If you're using your own domain you can add a DKIM record.  Google
Apps has a stream line process for this if you don't mind using them
to handle your mail