[Wolves] Re: M$ Lock-in.

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Wed Aug 1 16:34:51 BST 2007

Be very, very, careful about this line of argument.

While it's true in some cases, we shouldn't lose site of the fact that
the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation is one of the largest sponsors of
medical and (non-IT) education programmes in the world.

Things like mobile (book) libraries on boats on Bangladesh.

You may play the pedant and claim that Microsoft is not the same as the
Foundation, but pedantry is seldom a good way to convince people of
anything :-)

It is easy to forget that the US has a tradition going back to the
Rockerfellers of mega-rich company founders giving away huge sums to
charities, as opposed to the UK where our super-rich tend to aim to
create dynasties.

M.