[Wolves] Amending Meeting times /days/frequency etc

Iain Cuthbertson iain at cuth.uk
Tue Jul 25 11:11:52 UTC 2023

Reasons why I'm reluctant to join video calls instead of physical meetings:
1. I spend my working life on a computer
2. All meetings I have at work are video calls
3. After work, I don't want to return to the office to have a call - it
feels too much like work
4. Living with my wife means that I can't occupy a comfy location for the
call (see point 3)

I relish the thought of returning to a regular physical meet-up - be it
fortnightly or monthly.
I do miss the regular meetings, having a bite to eat, a pint or two, and
talking crap for a few hours.
The occasional discussion of Linux related things is acceptable as well.

For general meeting venues, I recommend pubs rather than restaurants.
The latter is more about having a meal and vacating once consumed. Whereas
pubs expect people to be chatting for hours on end.

Monday - Thursday suits me for physical meetings. Fridays are when my wife
and I relax after a manic week :)
And we might have more trouble finding setting on Fridays.

Pretty much any location - have car, can travel!

Iain